Hello there again fellow supporter for YUPMS, welcome to our version for the topic as mentioned above.
In today’s post, we would like to discuss about how SEO (search engine optimization) truly impacts a business’s website / any sort of website / a commercial blog.
Yes, SEO is a “buzzword” & often people don’t understand the impact that it has on a commercial website & social media pages. Most businesses’s know about the advantage of advertising his / her content on internet, especially on major & well-known online search engine platforms such as Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Youtube.
But don’t really know the right way to do it properly, they either spent a lot of time gathering NOT TRULY HELPFUL advises / spent a lot of time exploring on the subject.
SEO is not something that’s new in countries like Malaysia, but businesses in Malaysia sometimes find it rather hard to engage qualified professionals / a group of qualified people to help them manage & setup a WINNING search engine marketing campaign.
That’s why a lot of small-to-medium businesses turn into solutions that’s less hassling & able to generate more ROI, in their own terms. Even large businesses tend to favor social media platforms like Facebook because it generates MORE ENGAGEMENT for the webmaster (business owner).
But still we can’t deny the fact that, most people still conduct researches on Google, and it just doesn’t stop!
Today we have more than 4 billion users on the internet & most people conduct searches on Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook before they make a decision in purchasing something. There are MILLIONS OF SEARCHES per day, just on Google alone!
Today we’re not going to share with you just about some basic knowledge about SEO & internet. We’re going to dive deep into importance of SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING (paired with SEO) & also the advantages & disadvantages of it as compared to social media marketing.
- Do you know that a fast loading site / page is SO IMPORTANT for maximum brand awareness
- Some fun-facts about creating content on a website & Facebook-page
- Social media marketing pros
- Social media marketing cons
- Pros for using a website as online marketing efforts
- Cons for using a website as online marketing endeavours
- Why should we pick to invest on both social media & website for search engines
- Keyword research implemented into social media marketing, an all-win solution
Do you know that a fast loading site / page is SO IMPORTANT for maximum brand awareness
Now that, every tech-savvy person knows about advertising on Google, Facebook, Youtube & other trending online platforms.
We businesses should look into how to fully leverage on this to ACHIEVE MAXIMUM capacity for the company’s marketing efforts.
There’s one thing that most small to medium business owners have in common, we TEND to think that we’re so great, just like “ironman” / “wonderwoman” & this search engine marketing, SEO, social media marketing is not that hard actually.
Maybe we should SAVE on our marketing budget & attempt to either do it all by our internal team members / the CEO him / herself would try to “play-around” with all these platforms.
Let’s see if it works, then we decide which platform works best for us, it’s the never-ending trial and error testing process. That ALONE already cost you your time and money.
Not to mention that delegating the tasks to internal team members that has to be great at everything that’s related to computer & mobile devices. These internal team members are great but sometimes they just can’t help you to solve problems in a timely manner.
Of course as regards to the current topic of discussion. That’s because all entrepreneurs (CEOs) think alike, they just want to spend the least amount of money to achieve the goals that they want.
However, in reality that’s not always the case. That’s why here at YUPMS, we are ready to prepare you with that kind of service that you require.
Take a look at this interesting statistic by InternetLiveStats
And this is another great source curated by consumer barometer with Google
The web-link stated above clearly shows the number of internet users in Malaysia, and if you’re interested to check out on other data based on country. Feel free to do so too, it’s free-of-charge!
Back to our main discussion matter within this section, website speed / web-page speed.
Watch the following video and you’ll know why Google stresses a lot about “SiteSpeed”.
Here’s also another chart showing the importance of “site speed” for a website;
Here are some examples of famous websites and “blog-looking website” that’s both famous in Malaysia & Singapore. Some of the websites load within the recommended speed recommended by Google and some…sluggish.
And check this out too, a famous website (blog-looking website) that’s an all-time Malaysian favorite.
A website that loads beyond 3 seconds starts to increase the PROBABILITY of losing more than 32% of audiences. People will start to bounce to another website / do something else apart from browsing through your website.By Google
If you do not wish that your potential clients start to “bounce-away”, be sure to look for companies like YUPMS to help you FIX your website & optimize it for search engines.
Some fun-facts about creating content on a website & Facebook-page
As mentioned earlier, Facebook-pages are just great for business owners that simply want to kick-start their online marketing campaign without having capable people who’s ready to create a website using content-management-platforms like WordPress.
Because it just involves too much of technical knowledge & it’s not as easy as it seems.
And did you know that? Search engine platforms like Google constantly changes its algorithm & that there are more than 200 ranking factors for a web-page / website to be found on page 1 of Google (if that’s your “dream”).
Bonus fact: Did you know that a qualified SEO consultant /agency in U.S.A. charges as much as 200 U.S. dollars per hour for his / herBy YUPMS
services meanwhileonly 22.75% of them charge lesser than 200 U.S. dollars. (source from SearchEngineJournal)
That’s not all, your project is not going to just last for a month, 3 months, 6 months. It has to always be in your marketing budget. No matter how COSTLY you think it may be.
Cause if you’re not doing it, every other company is doing that. Your competitors are definitely going to seek for qualified professionals & boost their online marketing plans to the MAXIMUM.
And since we’re a local company, we’re not going to charge you in U.S. dollars, so don’t forget to contact us regarding this matter.
Social media marketing pros
- Fast & free: social media pages (accounts) are simply easy to setup & most of the time it’s free because the platform creator rely on “word-of-mouth” from the users to gain popularity, not just by doing online research
- Low-commitment: basically we’re not paying a single cent for setting up and maintaining but if you’re a commercial page owner you’ll definitely want to incur a certain amount of MARKETING BUDGET into copyright (royalty) free images & videos for your marketing campaign. Just because we can easily obtain images & videos on internet doesn’t mean we can simply “copy-and-paste”
- International: get found easily on an international platform, number of businesses that redirect their traffic to a Facebook page (website) increases 25% year-over-year
- Engagement rate: social media platforms are built with “social” in mind, therefore it was made to easily engage with every post an author has posted, especially comments which is a MAJOR FACTOR for improving ranking on search engine results page (SEO boost)
Social media marketing cons
- Limited design options: basically every Facebook page, Twitter-page, Linked-in page looks the same, even with Facebook page’s wide range of tabs, basically it all looks the same. If you’re a person (a representative of an organization) that hates “complete standardization” then social media page isn’t the way to go.
- Open forum: an open space for everyone to see, anyone who’s interested in your brand’s product / services, be prepare to train your team members for some “social media crisis management”. There’s always ways to filter spam comments. That could be done on a self-owned website too.
- Limited reporting tools: level of reporting is not as adequate as those provided by tools such as Google Analytics that offer wide range of data for webmasters to get hold on.
- Lack of ownership: Social media platform’s management team constantly changes their user interface, therefore you might get lost if you try to update content or do some fine-tuning on your page. And what if the management suddenly decides that they have to charge you for a certain of “unforeseen sum” of money for continuing uploading content / using the service.
Pros for using a website as online marketing efforts
- Cost effective: Just like setting up a facebook / twitter page, everything looks easy, cost effective too, but actually there’s more to it. Never choose content management systems that’s not SEO-friendly as it will actually hurt your search engine rankings in the long-term, the most trending and best CMS for building & maintaining websites are still WordPress (Sourced from Devrix)
- Credibility: people nowadays trust a business if they have a self-owned domain (website) instead of just having online presence on social media platforms, and usually people will do some research on the business online first before deciding to purchase a product / service from a person / a company.
- Full control: fully customize the website to suit the image of your company, but still don’t “over-optimize” the website, because although the display of the website is important & its main reason is to impress the site visitors, but often BEAUTIFUL SITES load slow & perform poorly on search engines. There’s a term for it, a “bloated-site”, often we think that a beautiful website can attract more visitors & convert more. That’s just a self-assumption thing, often a website that has a sleek design, helpful content & optimized for search engines PERFORMS BEST (retaining the visitors & convert)
- Reduced overhead: by loading all the relevant information for the business upfront on the website, people streamlined their process of searching & skip to the consideration process. Which is often times at the middle of the “sales-funnel”
- Integration: by using CMS like WordPress, the webmaster can fully integrate his / her marketing efforts (online & offline)
Cons for using a website as online marketing endeavours
- Maintenance: Depending on the complexity of the website, keeping content up-to-date & ensuring the website works just fine does require a lot of time & money. Refer to the contact us section for an estimate for more understanding about how YUPMS charges.
- More marketing effort needed: The webmaster will have to do a lot of method to promote the website (content) online, but it could be solved if it’s well-optimized & you’re willing to spend some extra “ads-money”
Why should we pick to invest on both social media & website for search engines
Well simple, both ways are considered part of the online marketing campaign. It works hand-in-hand to achieve maximum effectiveness.
Platforms like Google & Facebook loves RECOMMENDATIONS, in short they love to rank content that’s deemed popular by analysis of data. Popular content tends to get more comments & share on social media.
That’s commonly known as the “social-proof” element for SEO, the more “social-proof” the website gets, the higher chances of it getting ranked increases & there’s the “backlinks” element for SEO too, whereby the if your website / webpage gets a lot of linking from authoritative sites such as social media.
It’ll get more LOVE from Google / other search engines, it’s an important factor that falls into the Google 200 ranking factor. We believe it applies to other search engines as well. Cause as long as it works, other search engines will apply the same method on its platform to ensure success of its platform too.
Another thing is that, we simply do not want to put all our eggs into a single basket, say on Facebook / Google. This platforms constantly changes their algorithm to “favor themselves” & of course its users too.
But who can actually predict exactly what kind of algorithm they will implement next, so on the safe side, we should never put all of our efforts just on a single platform.
The image above tells us one thing, what if our web-traffic is just constructed based upon ONE SINGLE SOURCE. In the example above, although Google is the clear winner in terms of web-traffic generation but you’ll still be getting traffic from other sources as well.
What if Google announces that there’s a “GoogleDance” such as GooglePenguin / GooglePanda. Basically it’ll reshuffle all of the rankings & if the content within the website is not updated / helpful probably the rankings will drop and you’ll have to rely on GoogleAds to regain popularity (exposure) of our brand (content).
The algorithm change left top level domains (websites) with 34%-86% traffic lost overnight. So even experienced marketers / webmasters don’t really know what will happen next.
Keyword research implemented into social media marketing, an all-win solution
Although most people know that in social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Popularity of a content & the conversion rate is mostly highly relevant with engagement rate (a share / like / comment) or sometimes a private message.
But those tactics could be implemented in “hashtags” too, which is widely used by platforms like Instagram & Twitter to group all the relevant content into a single meta-tag.
Despite that social media platforms like Facebook utilize similar indexing and ranking factor for the content just like Google / Yahoo. By using relevant keywords as a way to trigger search intent by users.
We could use tools like hashtags.org to search for trending hashtags that’s relevant to the content we would like to publish on social media platforms, which is most effective on Instagram / Twitter, not fully effective on Facebook.
What kind of online marketing strategies would you prefer to use for your brand awareness campaign? Do you prefer to use just social media / website for search engine marketing (since it’s so convenient & easy) to build one right now at this time of age.
Let us know at the comments section below & don’t forget to tap / click on the share button if you like what you see, thanks 😉